As most of you who have followed me over the years knows, I'm part of Designs by Connie Prince's creative team. I got lucky in 2013 and joined her blog team. I say lucky because I love promoting her products and I horde her templates and kits. I say horde because my stash of her products is enormous. Many of the layouts I've shared on this blog and on previous blogs I have had over the years have been made with her kits and templates. Connie is amazingly kind and supportive and I'm so happy that I'm part of her scrapbooking family.
I've had short periods of time where I've been on other creative teams, some of those designers have retired from designing because like me their lives went off in a different direction and some of the teams I walked away from when life got to be too overwhelming for me to keep up with scrapping on a regular basis. This summer I've found a desire to scrap more consistently and a ton of "new to me" designers have caught my interest. One of them had a Creative Team Call going on so I applied not sure if my long absence would keep me from being considered. I'm excited to say, I was accepted to be a part of Wetfish Designs' CT!
One of the side benefits of all this is I'll get to share some inspiration with anyone who stumbles by my blog. Another benefit is my photos will get posted more often instead of sitting on my external hard drive. After all, photos should be shared!
Here are a few of the layouts I've made this month. There are more to come but hopefully these will inspire you to explore your creativity today.
CU: Junk Edges1 by Wetfish Designs, Old Paper Template 1 by Wetfish Designs, Grunge Textures from my stash
Font: Beauty Nature
I know my scrapping will slow down over the next few weeks because I'm headed back to my full-time teaching job but it has been a blast getting to scrap memories and photos that I've taken over the years. I have also been enjoying playing around more with different things within Photoshop and Lightroom.
Quick Scrapbooking tip: Blend your text into your background papers.
I want my text to look worn into the background paper. I use a technique on nearly every layout that I learned years ago to make the text look like it is written on the paper, not "floating" above the paper. I use a small tweak in FX (styles) in the blending option to help the text set into the texture of the paper it's sitting on. I learned this years ago but the website I bookmarked with the tutorial no longer exists. However, I found this one: Friends Don't Let Fonts Float by Polly Anne on the Lily Pad Blog that explains it perfectly.
I hope something I shared today inspires you to explore your creative side. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you on the flip side!
No comments:
Post a Comment